Even if consumer prices are steadily rising, the demand for travel in the domestic market remains strong. Shopping in Manila has become a tourist attraction in its own right, with over two hundred malls to be found across the metro. Stock up on these out-of-town and out-of- country travel items and have a stress-free transit!
Shopping Must-Haves in Manila for an Amazing Travel Experience
Be prepared for any kind of adventure with these certified travel must-haves at Ortigas Malls!
- Sunscreen: Can you really say you’ve experienced the Philippines without going to at least one beach? Get sun-kissed by those gorgeous shorelines, but make sure you’re aptly protected by sunscreen! To help save your skin from sunburn, get yourself a bottle of sunscreen with an SPF level of 30 to 50.
- Swimsuit: A trip to the beach won’t be complete without the perfect swim outfit! Even resorts require proper swimwear, so it is best to find a swimsuit in a style and color that you are most comfortable with.
- Hats: The extra protection against the heat and harmful UV rays is more than welcome! Go for the classic baseball cap or snapback, or go for the trendy bucket hats and straw hats. Be fashionably protected from the sun!
- Carryall Tote: Tote bags are a trendy and practical item to carry around to any travel destination. Get a waterproof tote to carry all your stuff to the beach! It’s also perfect for lazy days of hanging out with friends! Go for the classic white canvas tote, or opt for unique patterns for that winning travel #OOTD! Choose from The Travel Club’s wide selection of bags (and maybe get a suitcase for future trips) at Estancia!
- Sunglasses: Sun’s rays are particularly unforgiving between 10AM and 3PM. This is especially true for the skyscraper-populated Manila streets. Protect your eyesight with the perfect pair of sunglasses! Be sure to pick a frame that complements your face shape at the Sunnies Studios in Greenhills!
- Goggles: Beginners and pro swimmers alike would find goggles super useful for their swimming sessions! Head out to the nearest pool or beach, and swim away without fear of eye irritation! Find the perfect fit at Decathlon in Tiendesitas!
- Tumbler: Being properly hydrated is the first rule of traveling outdoors! Make sure that you’re prepared for all the walking you’re bound to do. Take care of the environment in your own small way by bringing along a reusable tumbler wherever you go! Look for brands that keep drinks cold for longer periods of time, perfect for all those refreshing drinks!
- Camera: Make memories, and remember: pics, or it didn’t happen! There is a lot of cameras available in the market. There are the digital cameras for the gadget geeks. Even film cameras are making a comeback for nostalgic photography enthusiasts. Try waterproof cameras to make sure you get the perfect shot, even if it’s underwater!
- Power Bank: It’s a sin to let your gadgets die on you! Always be prepared by bringing a power bank with you at all times. It is also a good idea to bring a spare power bank so you can be prepared for any emergency situations. Get yours from Urban Gadgets at Industria!
- Headphones: Long road trips are just not the same without music. Make your own travel soundtrack! Curate your perfect playlist, and make sure that you bring high-quality headphones with you!
- Journal: With the help of technology, it is now easier to document your Manila escapades. If you are looking for a more concrete way of documenting your memories, why not get a journal? Write about the places you visit as well as your thoughts and emotions about the trip. It is nice to have a physical record of these experiences that you can look back to in the future.
- A Good Summer Read: Whatever genre you prefer, it’s a good idea to bring a book with you! Perfect for those long car rides, rest stop distractions and lazy beach moments.
Find something that you fancy buying from the list? Ortigas Malls has tons of shops that can cater to different shopping needs, just in time for the trips that are definitely for the books!
Ortigas & Company is one of the pioneers in the Philippine real estate landscape. To learn more about shopping in Manila, feel free to read more at the Ortigas Malls website.