If you are planning to start a business, a tiangge business may be something you can consider investing in. The Philippines is truly a country fit for the budding entrepreneur. 99.6% of all registered businesses in the country is comprised of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). They employ over 70% of the working population, which is good news for the Philippine economy. This number is comforting for anyone thinking of starting their own business. Why not test the waters by opening a tiangge business?
The tiangge business was started in the Philippines and popularized at Greenhills by Henry Barbiera, known as the “King of Philippine Tiangge.” The tiangge business emulates the bazaars and flea markets of other countries like Hong Kong, Thailand, China, South Korea, Japan, and Australia. The concept was initially met with a lukewarm response by mall operators. Despite this, the tiangge business has steadily grown to a unique culture of it own. Soon, Greenhills has become known as “the country’s top flea-market destination.” Greenhills is the perfect location to start a tiangge business if you want to try out your entrepreneurial skills.
Reasons Why You Should Start a Tiangge Business
Want to know the secrets behind the success of the tiangge business in the Philippines? Here’s a list of why you should consider starting this entrepreneurial journey at Greenhills!
- Be Your Own Boss: Starting your own tiangge business means that you are the first employee, and you answer to no one but yourself. It inspires a sense of responsibility that you cannot get as an employee. When the business improves, you can also rely on a tiangge business as permanent employment.
- Pursuing Passions: Do you have a hobby that you’d like to grow? Perhaps you enjoy baking, or making handmade fashion items? Look into your own interests! Some people say that your first market should always be yourself. Building a business from personal preferences can help you determine what items you’d like to buy as a customer. This way, you can work backwards and think about how you can use your interests as a customer to your advantage as a tiangge business owner.
- Learn New Skills: There are many things that you need to learn when starting a tiangge business. One of these things is realizing that there is a lot to learn. From fellow tiangge business to customers, you will learn more about being an entrepreneur. You will also inevitably learn more about yourself as a person, and pick up life hacks and experiences along the way!
- Extra Income: There’s nothing embarrassing about wanting to start a business because you need the extra cash. A tiangge business is a perfect start-up venture, as you do not need a large capital to own and maintain a stall.
- Build Connections: Starting your own tiangge business calls for independence. But remember: it is the bond that a business owner forms with their customers and the community that truly makes a business strong. Build a relationship with the people you interact with. As a tiangge business owner, this will greatly contribute to your personal and professional growth.
Convinced yet? What better place to start a tiangge business than Greenhills? As the top destination of bargain hunters since the 1970s, this 16-hectare shopping center has over 2,000 stores for every kind of shopper. From its humble beginnings, it became as the first mall that comes to mind when people ask for the best tiangge finds. Not a bad legacy to start a tiangge business under, right?
Greenhills Shopping Center is part of Ortigas & Company is one of the pioneers in the Philippine real estate landscape. To learn more about the tiangge business and other attractions that Greenhills can offer, feel free to read more at the Ortigas Malls website.